With the push of a single button, this fully automatic machine grinds coffee beans and brews fresh espresso or regular coffee in seconds. Made in Italy, the machine also has a steam/hot water nozzle to froth milk for all the popular Italian coffee drinks, such as cappuccino and café latté, and to make hot chocolate and tea. For extracting full flavor, the grinder has 18 settings so coffee can be ground to the precise degree of fineness or coarseness needed for espresso or regular coffee. Twisting a knob controls the amount of coffee brewed, from a minimum of 1 ounce to a maximum of 8-1/2 ounces; pushing the coffee button twice brews two cups through the dual spigot; adjusting the spigot up or down accommodates cups of different heights.
Other features include a removable, 57-ounce water tank, a drip tray with an indicator that shows when it needs emptying, a cup-warming plate, a frothing attachment for the steam/hot water nozzle, a removable container for used coffee grounds, and an extraction chamber that can be lifted out for easy cleaning. Accompanying the machine are two packets of descaling compound and a well written, step-by-step instruction booklet that covers all aspects of the machine, from grinding and brewing to cleaning and descaling. The machine measures 13 inches wide, 14 inches high, and 12 inches deep, and carries a one-year warranty against defects. –Fred Brack
- 15-bar pressure system with automatic grinder makes cafe quality espresso, cappuccino, and latte
- 12-1/2-ounce burr grinder adjusts through 18 settings to provide fineness desired
- Steam/hot water nozzle for making cappuccino and caffe latte; removable 57-ounce water tank
- Cup-warming plate; drip tray with indicator; removable used-coffee-grounds container
- Measures 13 by 14 by 12 inches; 1-year warranty