The Ascaso Dream PID offers a double dose of style and technology sure to please everyone in your household. Analog may have been the name of the game for the original Dream, but the PID is a smash cut combination of classic and contemporary in the same sleek casing. Internally, not much was left unchanged, including a switch to a classic 58mm portafilter size, the addition of an adjustable over pressure valve, thermoblock insulation, an analog pressure gauge, and an articulated no-burn steam wand. The Dream PID also packs in powerful programming like temperature and offset, pre-infusion, power saving modes and volumetric programming for shots. The Dream PID glitzes up its design as well with water reservoir spotlights and water-resistant boxwood furniture at the steam knob and portafilter.
- PID Temperature Management – Program your PID controller to get just-right shots every time. This model even features offset programming, letting you calibrate temperature to account for drops in the system on the way to your glass.
- 58mm Group – The 58mm group and portafilter opens you up to a range of aftermarket accessories, including replacement gaskets and dispersion screens from the popular E61 format.
- Adjustable OPV – An externally-accessible screw lets you set the max pressure the pump will push through your group head. In addition to giving you an extra parameter to play with, this opens up the Dream PID to backflushing.
- Programming – Unlike the original, the Dream PID is packed with programming for power saving, pre-infusion, and shot length programming.
- Pressure Gauge – Another welcome change, the Dream PID has swapped its analog temperature gauge to monitor pressure instead.